Monday, February 13, 2012

Bassinet vs. Crib

Ladies... I need advice! For those of you that had your baby in a bassinet first... When did you move them to their cribs? We are going to be at 6 weeks on Friday and my husband is ready to have me back in our bedroom, vs. me sleeping in guest room with Miss T so we don't wake daddy up all night. I know it needs to happen, but it is mom that is panicking, not Taylor! The talk about SIDS online isn't helping freak me out less either! Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. We kept Presley in our room until she was 4 months! I know...sounds like a long time, but It was way easier on me as far as nursing and I slept better knowing she was next to our bed. Brandon can sleep through anything, so it never bothered him when P woke up for feedings. My advice is to do what makes you comfortable, Mama! She is so precious, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also kept Piper in our room for quite some time, but I think that was mainly due to her reflux and not being able to sleep well on her back, so she slept in her swing for a long time before transitioning to the nap nanny/crib. I agree with the above, do what you feel is best and what makes you most comfortable. I do think that getting them used to their cribs early on is a good idea, but I think has to go along with your timing. I think you'll know when is the right time for the both of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started putting Jack in his crib at 5 weeks. I did not want to do it so soon but I wasn't getting ANY sleep and I was desperate. He is a very noisy sleeper (he grunts and wiggles a lot) and when he was in our room I woke up to every move and noise he made, even when he was still sleeping. By putting him in his crib I slept better and I think he slept better too because he wasn't disturbed by my tossing and turning either. It seemed like we were both keeping each other awake. He has slept in his crib ever since. Like the other girls said, do what feels right, I was pleasantly surprised how easily he took to sleeping in his crib!

    ReplyDelete