Thursday, February 9, 2012

Watching Miss Taylor grow...

I am amazed that today Miss T is 5 weeks old. But, at the same time I almost can't imagine her not being in our lives. I have loved every second of getting to know our little girl and watching her grow. Here are some personality traits and changes that we have seen and are making her the little character that she is...

- she loves to pucker her lips after she is done feeding and make a smacking noise like "mmm... That was good!"
- makes the cutest little smiles and half smiles more and more every day
- loves to do what we call her "huggie pose" where she stretches out her arms like she wants to give you a BIG hug
- at 4 weeks really started keeping her eyes wide open and following you or looking around at objects in the room. Likes to look out sunroof in moms car too.
- staying up more and more every day... Sometimes even at night! Ha!
- at 4 wks started actually sleeping almost 1, 5 hour shift/ night instead of 2-3 hours
- Her cheeks and thighs are finally starting to fill out! C'mon rolls! We think she is getting close to 7 lbs ( was 6lb 3 oz at dr appt 2 wks ago)
- loves the rainforest picture/ noise maker in crib (not that I let her sleep in crib yet at night-- I'm still too panicked!)
- favorite place to sleep is on our chests or in my arms
- once in her car seat, this child is out for 3 hours until she's hungry! Makes it easy for us to go out to dinner!
- noisy sleeper unless she is sleeping in your arms
- hates having her diaper changed... Too cold!
- is confused by, but loves her baths!
-is becoming quite the eater- every 2 hours if awake or 3 hours if napping. Still just breast feeding, and likes to do what we call "shark bite"when she gets really hungry to latch ... I'll let you you imagine details! :)
- loves to sit up propped on your legs and just look at you and kick her legs and stretch out her arms as tall as possible. I love her neck stretch too, it gives great view of her precious chin.

So in love. Can't wait to see what she will show us tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Love her. She is growing so fast, I need to see her again!!! My niece is so precious, and is so lucky to have such an awesome Mommy and Daddy!! :) Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete