Today is my 25 week mark! Today our baby is the size of an eggplant and is starting to feel the difference between up and down because her equilibrium is being formed. Thank goodness for thebump.com updates for all of these handy facts! I had my OBGYN appointment yesterday and things are looking good. I was just given a doppler heartbeat read, no ultrasound, but her heartbeat sounded good and all test results have been good and normal from this point so far... Amen! I did get the yield sign from my doctor in the weight gain department (go figure) as last month I had a 7 lb. weight gain, and she would have preferred a 4 lb. Ughh. But, I am stepping back up my Memorial Park walks and will have to cut back a little on my excessive Chick- fil- A trips. My doctor really does not want me to gain more than 35 lbs. and I am right there with her on that. It was so surreal starting to talk about my "birthing plan"...I guess this means that it is really going to happen! Last night I also SAW Harper kicking yesterday. I have been feeling her since about 21 weeks, but it was so cool to actually see my stomach move. So bazaar, but so awesome! To me, that sums up a lot of things about pregnancy!
For those of you who know me at all, you know that I have a severe clothing addiction. Kevin calls it a shopping/ spending addiciton, but I just think that I am fashionable...ha. Anyways, with the addition of a new lady in our life in January, I think that I have transferred my desire to buy clothing to buying Harper clothes. In my defense, I am ONLY buying sale and raiding my favorite TJ Maxx & Marshalls...so Kevin can't get too angry with me. Special thanks to Joella (my sister in law and mother of three) who gave me fabulous tips when we went shoppoing in Amarillo on what baby clothing is actual useful and easy for babies, and what just really makes your life more difficult. I know I am a dork, but here are just some of my finds (who could resist this stuff anyways?!)
| ralph lauren jumper in my signature color :) |
| Baby Juicy |
This week we also decided to pull the trigger on a last minute babymoon trip (always us last minute) so we leave for Los Angeles on Saturday for 2 days to visit Morgan, Ron & Lynn (Kevin's parents and our niece) who are there while Morgan auditions, takes classes, etc to become our famous actress. Then we will fly out of LAX to Kauai, Hawaii for 5 nights. Yay! We are really looking forward to getting one last good adventure in before Baby Morgan makes her appearance in the world. I am sure that this will def be more of a relaxing trip for me, but we still plan on definately getting in some good hikes, kayaking and of course spa-ing & dining. Pictures to come...
Aloha!
Mis
No comments:
Post a Comment