Monday, October 31, 2011

Baby Morgan's Austin Baby Shower

This weekend was such a great time. My sister and mom threw Baby Morgan and me a beautiful ladies shower in Austin, Tx at my parents house. My Aunt and cousin came in from Dallas, my sister from Rockport, friends from Austin, San Antonio and Houston as well as my cousin from Atlanta. It was such a great shower and weekend and they truly "showered" Baby Morgan with love and presents. She is already spoiled rotton.

me and my cousin Georgie

Melanie & Stacie

Cute mother & daughter :) - my aunt patty & cousin georgie

my sister & cousin Betsy

my sister enjoying the torture of feeding me gross baby food...way too much!

me with the hostesses- my mom and sister (and their BOB jogging stroller gift- yay!!)

all of the austin friends- ann, hollie & cornelia

melanie, me, stacie and georgie

betsy, jen, melanie, me, stacie and georgie
The shower was beautiful... lots of great food, friends and fun! Many, many thanks to my sister who was the party planner/ hostess and to my mom, aunt and cousin Georgie who all helped pitch in as well. Thanks a million! It meant so much to us. We love you!

great job on all the decor ladies :) beautiful!




gift bags

After the shower festivities we had sister and cousin family bonding time at the Oasis for some live music and cocktails ( of course I was designated driver) :). We ended the weekend with some great brunch at Magnolia Cafe and shopping on South Congress. There was much damage at the Kendra Scott store as always!




I love you all ladies! Thank you so much for all coming and all of the awesome presents and surprises that were brought and even shipped down for those who couldn't make it! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!


just some of the goodies for baby girl

I also really want to say thank you to my sweet husband who stayed back in Houston and picked up all of the nursery furniture and put it all together for me. It is all in and set up, now I get to put it all in place, decorate...and all the fun stuff! I am def feeling the urge to nest! :)


On a last (un-fun) note, got a call this morning from my OBGYN that I failed the 1 hour glucose test. I can't say at all that I am really shocked, as my doctor said that there was no need to fast before hand and so my test was set for 3pm after 2 meals. After all of my past pregnant friends told me they were always told to fast before, I started to freak out a little bit. My doctor told me before it "should" be fine, but if the results come back positive not to worry too much before I take the 3 hour glucose test. Ugh. So, low and behold I got the call this morning and I have to go back in and take it tomorrow morning. What a great waste of a half day. Just praying that I failed the first time because I had eaten, not because I have gestational diabetes, etc! So, here is to me not trying to worry too much before I get the results back for the next test. Grrr.

Mis

No comments:

Post a Comment