We just returned from our last "official" pre- baby trip, and it was such a great time. We headed to LA for a couple of nights to visit Kevin's mom and dad who are staying with our niece who has been working on some commercials, etc. We got some great visiting in and were able to see Rodeo Dr., The Grove, eat at Nobu, walk around Venice Beach and found an awesome little breakfast spot called Aroma Cafe. I really had never been to California before and was so in awe of how beautiful everything was and the spectacular weather. I can definatly see what all the fuss is about in la la land. It was a quick visit, but it was great to visit with everyone and now I definatly cannot wait to go back to stay for a little bit longer next time!
 |
| Kevin, Morgan, Lynn & Ron-- Venice Beach |
 |
| Baby Girl @ 25 weeks in Santa Monica |
 |
| Aroma Cafe in Studio City, Ca- amazing! |
We flew out of LA Monday and headed to Kauai, Hawaii. I had never been to Hawaii at all before, so I was really excited to soak it all in. On the advice of my friend Courtney, who just moved there, as well as Stacie & Scott, who got engaged there, it sounded like the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure for a babymoon. We flew directly into Lihue airport, and stayed at the St. Regis in princeville. It was amazing to say the least. We layed on the beach, swam, got massages, worked out, took a helicopter tour and hiked. We are big runners/ walkers so I though 4 miles would be cake for this 6 1/2 months preggo lady, but it was quite the workout. A lot of the trail was steep incline or decline with rocks/ boulders that we were having to step on and around. I took my time to avoid slipping and falling on poor little baby bump, so we were good. The beach at the end of the hike was gorgeous and well worth the hike. Plus, it was really nice to have an actual "workout" again and not just a Memorial Park walk. Anyways, for anyone who wants a great beach trip with plenty of outdoorsy adventure options, I would definately recommend Kauai and then of course the St. Regis for some amazing pampering and stunning views. Helicopter trip & Jurassic Park waterfall was also a MUST SEE!
 |
| St. Regis - view from breakfast |
 |
| Visiting Courtney, her bf Damon for dinner at Bar Acuda tapas |
 |
| Jurassic Park waterfall- helicopter tour |
 |
| arial view |
 |
| arial view from helicopter |
 |
| hiking back from the beach- hanalei hike |
For the most part, Hawaii was an excellent choice for a babymoon, but on a side-note for those other mom's to be, the flight home was pretty rough. Although we flew direct from Kauai to LA and LA to Houston, it was still a total of about 11 hours with layover in between on a red eye. Kevin didn't mind at all (with his ambien), but an overnight flight and not being able to take any sleep aids or nyquil and having preggo circulation was pretty uncomfortable. Not to mention, I had total cankles my lovely feet looked like sausages by the end of the flights! I guess it just gets pretty rough to fly for that long after about the 5-6 month mark. Hopefully though, we will be back on Houston sleep schedules in the next couple of days. Well worth it though!
I will be officially 27 weeks on Thursday. My first baby shower is this weekend in Austin and I am so excited to see my friends and family that will be there...plus always a great excuse for a girls weekend! I really cannot believe how the time has flown by. Baby girl is growing more and more every day, and her kicks and punches are getting stronger and stronger. I am still feeling physciallt pretty good, just trying to keep my complaining about my ever expanding body in check, as my husband, friends and family are probably about ready to kill me hearing my complaining as the scale goes up! I am sorry, and this may just be my personal opinion, but for those of you that haven't been pregnant...just because you
are pregnant still doesn't mean it is easy to settle in to your ever changing body, swelling, etc! I know it will all well be very well worth it once little Miss makes her appearance! I can tell you that I look forward to my total conditioning, weight lifting and crossfit classes post pregnancy. I like my bring-me-to-tears workouts!
We had a blast and it was a much needed break and recharge, but I am happy to be home and to Houston fall weather (finally!). I even put out my pumpkins and fall decor yesterday. I even got a call that baby furniture is in and can be picked up this week! Yay!
Happy Tuesday!
Mis
No comments:
Post a Comment