Thursday, December 1, 2011

32 weeks...

Today we officially hit our 32 week mark! I am still in shock when I keep telling people that we only have 8 weeks left. That is just totally unbelievable to me. Today she is the size of a squash  and is aleady in head down "birthing" position. She is still the strong kicker and does not let us forget she is in there. I am still feeling good, although my body is forcing me to slow down quite a bit and it is becoming quite humerous to watch me get out of bed or waddle. I've been battling a really annoying sinus infection that I picked up over Thanksgiving, and really wishing I could take anti-biotics about now :)

I had my doctor appointment on Monday, and there was really no new news...which is good because heartbeat was still strong and I was right on track. I was hoping to get an ultrasound to determine her size at this point, but maybe in 2 weeks. I was just getting lectured again how I need to "watch my weight gain" as I have gained 30 lbs so far. My doctor is one of those that is very adimate about not gaining over 25-30 lbs. total. After talking to most of my girlfriends who have had kiddos, it seemed like the "30-40lb" mark was more what they ended up at? Who knows. Her solution was for me to practice "portion control" and exercise 1 hour/ day, 7 days a week. I think I know just where that fool can stick it...

Kevin and I had our first series of childbirth classes at Memorial Hermann this week. It was a 2 part series, 6 hours total, all about signs of labor, labor, delivery and what happens right after. The first class totally freaked me out because it basically just covered natural childbirth techniques. No thank you. So, last nights class was much better as it was acutally talking about epidurals, etc! I think my favorite part of the entire class was getting to see all the new little nuggets in the nursery. They are just precious and I think that makes it just that much more real that we are going to have one of those so soon! Coincidentally, while at the tour I happened to bump into some friends-  Leah & JJ who had just had their 2nd baby the day earlier. Small world! At the end of class I also ran into another old family friend who is a doctor at Memorial Hermann for the NICU. Hopefully we will not need her expertise, but she gave me a great pediatrician recommendation which  is awesome since I really had not made any headway in that area yet. I definitely recommend the childbirth classes to any new parent expecting. Although I do still feel anxious and lost, it does make me feel like I know a little bit more about what can be expected, and not expected.

Thanksgiving break was a whirlwind across Texas...we went to Austin & Amarillo- but it was a great time!
my sister, me and splash (the new fur baby)- austin, tx

the son-in- laws with dad- kevin, kyle and bill

cousin georgie & aunt patty

kevin extremely excited about his thanksgiving plate

little miss montannah (family friend, hollie's daughter)

joella (my sis in law) and my sweet niece, liviya (5 months)

some of the amarillo boys

brothers!
I can't wait for our last couples baby shower this weekend hosted by Stacie, Amye, Melanie, Allison & Sabina. I have such awesome friends and can't wait to see them and all and family coming in as well! How cute is this invitation?


Happy December!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment