It is truly crazy what difference a year can bring. At this time last year Kevin and I were in Whitefish, Montana (one of my favorite places) visiting some of my family and just having a great vacation. We had been married just over a year and were hitting up breweries, snowboarding and even partaking in some Jager bombs on New Years Eve at the Great Northern (our fav bar). So, it is easy to say that our activities the week between Christmas and New Years are going to be quite different!
Kevin and I were told that we were not supposed to fly after 35 weeks, so it was home for the holidays in Houston. We were sad to be have to miss our regularly festivities in Amarillo, but we actually ended up to have a pretty amazing weekend. Any of yall who really know us, know that we are always on the move. It is rare that we have two weekends out of the month that we are actually home...so it was really a shock to be home this much, We hung around the house, had a great dinner with friends, slept in, shopped, went to some movies, opened some great presents, cooked our very own Christmas turkey dinner and even crafted some projects for Miss Taylor's nursey. All in all, it was quite an awesome long weekend and Christmas. We did of course still very much miss our families, but we know next years Christmas events with an almost 1 year old (whoa!) will make up for it with more excitement than we can imagine!
We did have some exciting events over the Christmas weekend. I had some signs of early labor (I won't go into graphic detail on this blog) and my braxton hicks started kicking up even more...so who knows. It is just the waiting game now, but our bags are packed! It could be today or another month....who knows! The anxiousness is definitely starting to kick in now that we are getting a lot more "GO" signs, but I am still feeling that utter confusion of "HOW WILL I REALLY KNOW WHEN IT'S TIME?!" I hear that you will just know, but then I have also heard that everybody's labor is different! If anyone has any advice, please feel free to chime in ! All I know is that we cannot wait to meet her.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone. I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed 2012!
Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment