It has almost been 3 weeks since Miss Taylor blessed our little family, and what a joy it has been. I am not going to lie, I really had no idea what to expect having my first baby. I have never really been a "baby" person so I was honestly somewhat scared as to what I would think of motherhood. But, to all my fellow girlfriends that are or were in my shoes...let me just tell you that it is all that they say it is and MORE. I am not going to lie, there are definitly parts that are difficult (lack of sleep) and things that take some adjusting (your boobs leaking) :)...but it is amazing! It is really one of the toughest but amazing things I have ever done.
We are starting to get in the swing of things a little more. My mom was nice enough to stay with us for the first two weeks, as I wasn't really able to get around very much after the c- section...especially with our 3 story home. She was wonderful and did everything from cooking, cleaning and helping with Baby Taylor. I do think she spoiled Kevin though, as he ate better than he ever has being married to me! We had a lot of guests come and visit and after the first 4 days, my mom and I made an effort to take at least 1 outing a day just to get out of the house with Taylor. It really felt like the walls were going to close in on me if not. My mom left last Sunday, and it has just been Kevin and I and our little nugget. THANKS A MILLION MOM!
It is a lot easier for me to get out more and daily I am getting more and more comfortable taking Taylor out on my own. It was difficult to load and unload her carseat initially with the strain on my stomach. I am still chomping at the bit to be able and get back in to some sort of workout routine, but that will have to wait for another 3 weeks. I really look forward to the day when I can take Miss T to Memorial Park for our daily walks.
Anyways, last week Cristin came over to take Taylor's newborn pics and she really got some great shots. Not only was this her very FIRST newborn shoot, but Taylor was not sleepy for the first time in her life during the time she came...so she def gave Cristin a run for her money! We love the pics Cristin- thanks again!
Just settling in to this mommyhood thing...it is sure a wild ride, but we are enjoying every moment of it...because I do truly believe what everyone says...it passes in a blink of an eye. (Tear. I already hate the thought of her growning up! )
Melissa







No comments:
Post a Comment