Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy 6 months Tay!

Our little girl is 6 months! (actually I'm almost 2 wks behind) ...

Her stats:
Weight- 18 lb 14 oz (89%)
Height-26 1/2 in (73%)
Head- 16 3/4 in (59%)

So, to make a long story short got her daddy's height and is a precious chubby baby! She is really growing up before out eyes and is SO much more interactive. She can sit up on her own, although she may wobble over after a bit. Rolls over non-stop from her back to stomach...but still hasn't mastered the tummy to back roll and it makes her so angry! We are still taking 2 naps a day to total about 3 hours. Bedtime is around 8:30 or 9 pm and some nights she sleeps until 7am, and others she wakes up at 3 or 4 am. The new challenge has been trying to get me to let her "cry it out" when she wakes up in the middle of the night. I'm good if it is less than 20 mins, but over that I haven't been able to stand it yet. I have to work on that or I will create even worse sleep habits! It's way more painful for me than her!

We also started Tay on solid food! We are up to peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, bananas and of course rice cereal. She has taken to it really well and it has been great to have less pressure off the 100% breast feeding. I thought I was finally going to run out from this little chunk!

She loves her jumper, her jeep, and anything that allows her to sit up and play. She is a lot more "needy" now because she wants to be entertained non-stop and is at the in between phase where I think she wants to do "big girl" things and is still not quite there yet! She has also really found her voice with little squeals and noises. This lady loves to talk already!

We also had our first 103 degree temp which freaked me out, but thank goodness it plateaued after the first night and was a result of an upper respiratory infection. She is def started to teethe as well, but haven't seen any poke out yet, just lots of drool, and chewing. We are so in love with our nugget it amazes us every day!

Austin has been keeping us busy and we are loving being by Gaga and Papa, but I am still missing our friends and life in Houston. We also had our Morgan family reunion last weekend in Lake Austin and it was a great time full of lots of kiddos on the lake, playing tennis, eating and just having a great time visiting.

I also started a new venture... I joined the Stella & Dot team as I bought so much of their jewelry already that I figured, why not? The girls have been great and I look forward to doing something for me to get my head out of "diaper world" sometimes.

Next up... Amye & Chad to visit to meet the newest addition, Charlie Boecking! I am so excited for Mel & Neil! We also head to Atlanta for my cousin Betsy's engagement party! Can't wait!!!

Have a wonderful week!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment